Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Haley!

I was starting to feel like "I'm just too terrible at keeping this site current so I should stop entirely" and then I went and read Kandyce and Kyle's blog about their brand new little man and I suddenly missed it! So, here I am. Big thanks to them for inspiring me to get back at this!

It's been two months. Wow. Still feeling terrible. I promise to keep it up! Haley's just too awesome to not share with the rest of the world out there!

Since April 23rd (last post date...let's not rub that in anymore), Haley has become a walking fool, babbles constantly, is little miss independent, and is such a sweetheart. She just adores her stuffed animals (namely her Panda, which has thankfully been already posted!), and her little doll baby. She's quite the little girly girl.

Today, June 22, is Haley's 1st Birthday! It's a little bittersweet...makes me a little sad knowing how fast it's gone by but also so excited by how much she's grown and the little person she's become. A couple quick things to note before I post some pictures to get you up to speed on 10th month, 11th month, and Haley's 1st Birthday!

1) Haley doesn't crawl...ever. She's a walking machine and usually ends up walking faster than her little legs can carry her and wiping out. Nonetheless, she can pick herself back up and keep going like nothing ever happened. She doesn't even have to pull herself up anymore, she can just stand up!
2) Haley has 6 teeth!

3) Walking and independence lead to stitches. Well, not in all cases, but in Haley's. I'll keep this tidbit short since Kyle is less than thrilled with the scars on his precious baby's eyebrows but on May 20th, Haley fell (under my watch - I'll admit since I was sitting right next to her and had my hand under her) and hit her head on the "edge" of a round coffee table - that had rounded edges. Somehow, she managed to slice her left eyebrow open enough to need two stitches. Way harder on Mom than on Haley! On May 22nd, yep just two days later, Haley fell again (on a toy this time) and ended up with three more stitches in the other eyebrow. I wish I was kidding but I'm not! Crazy little thing! Anyway, once again harder on the parents than on the baby!
So, on to the birthday girl (in backwards order of events since this blog isn't copperating with me today! Oh well, enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Katie and Kyle...she is so precious! I know that Katy and Brandon just adore her! They showed us many pics of Haley while they were home. Hopefully someday she can meet her boyfriend, Emerson! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete